Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ending on a Good Note!

Ahhhh! The feeling of being done this semester is so, so wonderful. And has ended on a great note! 

I am terribly sorry that it took me almost 3 weeks to post, but the past 3 weeks have been so hectic that I haven't even had time to just breathe!

So you all are probably dying to know how my project turned out! I am so excited to tell you guys that I have been itching to write this post for awhile now!

I am so pleased with how everything turned out! My color boards, I think, turned out fabulous! Excuse the bad photo quality of the boards, but I did add in the labels after each board so you know what everything is! 

 
Ballroom Color Board
   
General & Restroom Color Board

 Fireplace Room Color Board

From the last post I showed my renderings, I did changed them up a bit and I did a few others. 
 
 Ballroom: Dining

Ballroom: Lecture

Ballroom: Theater

Floorplan of the renovated portion of the building.

Food Service/Kitchen

Fireplace Room

Now to the good stuff! Our presentation was this past Monday and we had the President of my college come and look at our color boards and ideas and a few other people, such as the Director of Special Events, who uses this space the most.

Now I am really not trying to sound arrogant or cocky, but this is what really happened. Everyone in my class, who are all seniors (I'm a junior), were so amazed with my boards and saying, "Oh my gosh! Your renderings are great! How did you do that?! And you're definitely gonna win, they will chose your design!" I was overwhelmed with joy and statisfaction that my hard and diligent work paid off! And to have seniors who are graduating this Saturday ask me for advice and how to do things! Ha! I got a kick out of that, but was happy to give my help and advice! :)

The Director of Special Events, Don, LOVED my boards! He said that they were so different for the traditional look that everyone else had and that it had a 30's look to it (according to him that was a good thing!) He was so curious of what fabric went on that piece of furniture, what color the walls were, and how the flooring was going to be laid, and where this went, and on, and on, and on! He would briefly go look at everyone eles's boards then hurry back to mine to ask more questions. He was constantly complementing my work, saying it was outstanding, beautiful and very nice work. By the third or fourth time he came back to me he was asking for budget! It was like he wanted to start on it right away! 

I am unsure yet who's design they will pick out of my class, but according to how Don, the President, and my classmates reacted to my design, I am in high standings! I am so overly excited and blessed to have this opportunity to shine, and that people notice and appreciate it. It is so heart warming!

On an even better note, today in my Oral Comm class, my teacher knows I am an Interior Design student based on a few of the speeches I have done in class. Well he offered me a job to help him choose a paint color and decorate his Legistlative office! My first real client!!! I'm speechless! I am so thrilled, anxious and excited! We are working out the details and this Friday I will take a look at the space, so I will keep you all updated on the design process of my first real job! :)

Once again, so sorry for the uber late post. Now that things have hopefully died down a little bit I will be able to update more often! 

Anything exciting happen to you lately? I'd love to hear the great news! :)

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments! Have a blessed day! :)
Xoxo,
Meghan